132#
sangzheng 发表于 2016-6-28 21:12:20 | 只看该作者
欣赏楼主的故事和文采。赞
133#
 楼主| 柏木雪狐 发表于 2016-7-4 11:55:03 | 只看该作者
本帖最后由 柏木雪狐 于 2016-7-4 22:31 编辑

http://www.zhiyoucheng.co/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=33173

Quitting Stars & Start new goal

After another crazy Stars Zoom500&CAP2000 session at weekend, I eventually withdrawal all my money in the account and basically say goodbye to the Stars cash games.

Seriously, I start to getting tired of endless mind battles with those ultra grinder. After many years of learning and practicing, I figured out myself actually start to become greedy and unsatisfied with those lower-stake games, start to gamble more on flip just in case don’t want to lose the tiny small edge to those pro grinders, which always bring fierce swings. It’s quite normal for me to up-and down $1k in one hrs, or $5k in one day.

The reason why I m writing it in English instead of Mandarin, is to prove this probably the only thing I’ve been doing well and keep improving in the passing few years. I don’t like to share pessimistic opinions to my followers, so if anyone read it carefully, he/she might be the guy literally concerns about me, and in that case I could tell some truth below.

I d like to confess that cash game is a dark and evil game, just exactly like Daniel Coleman said after he won the big one-drop, even though both of us are winning players ---- the difference is I have yet to make a living by this. But few people say it in public, cuz it’s really lucrative --- if you running this game, cut the rake, or find a good spot on high stake private whale game.

Tournament, by the way, is much better considering its social factor and competitiveness, which you and your REG nemesis don’t have to blow your mind try to exploit each other’s leak. It’s much relaxing to play, cuz you have absolutely a certain idea how much entry fee you would possibly lose, with a chance to take a shot of the biggest prize. I did actually have the chance to date the dealer afterwards and enjoy some pretty good time.

I think “gambler” is a super notorious calling to cash game players, but unfortunately lots of them did do that a lot, regardless on the table or off the table, and not surprisingly many of them are busted or self-destroying. I believe the true elite cash games players are those staying with whales, or had good reputation to entertain your boss’s games, and I was the latter one who don’t want to be kicked out, especially on the eve of IPO shot.

And most of my cash game earning went to social events, just in case I won't get isolated by the society.

Since I’ve been working for Ourgame over a year, I would play exclusively on this platform for quite a long time, rebuild my bankroll and my self-discipline ability. I can hardly focus on my work, considering on the winning-and-losing all the time, and it’s the damn right time to back on track.

I definitely would like to play tourneys more, cash game is lucrative but dark evil.

<So ironic>

I could still recall start my Star career on year 2011, and busted for the first time at March, 2015 for roughly $5k. Not a big deal for the numbers, but a devastating consequence afterwards ---- cuz it's destroyed my self-confidence and make me doubt if I could still play competitively. Everything went fine at Feburary, as I crashed the Melbourne cash game tables and scooped several $500 Full-Tilt Jackpot --- but thing didn't go under my way after back to Sydney. I didn't play any live cash game ---- which actually should be the right spot ---- and played on star instead, thinking I did still have the edge by using HUD.  

As a satelillte grinder, I scooped the Wednesday $330 ticket and build a decent stack, then opened with AKs n facing a gigantic 50+bb jam at button. Didn't take much time for me decided to call the remaining 40+bb, and lost a huge flip <33. I just couldn't get the point. Boiling up actually while I m still unaware, I sit on Cap 1000 game to play $5/10, counting on some quick flip double-up. Obviously that night everything not going my way, lost 5 consecutive flips then I totally lost my mind, then begging for some classic 30-70 and 50-50 scenario that " it could not be possibe!". After some crazy roller-coaster swings, the table broke left only me and the other nemisis - "Maksimus1978", a supernova elite with over 5m Vpp life earning.

I think you know the story happened, bascially suicidual mission -- Busted after a long night Cap heads-up Duel.

this is actually not disatrous amount of $ --- the self-destroy mindset matters. You could build a stack, busting your ass to collect some roll, and seeing it all collapsed during some hours like domino ---- do you still have the confidence and patience to build it back?

Not me, at that spot.

I find out myself always stuck on pasted time mistakes, both stobborn and meaningless. After over half year break from Stars, my style changed.

Simply jumping on the highest game I could ever find, then start roller-coaster trip. Start from Cap1000, Zoom500, mixed some $10/20+.

On year 2011 when I deposited $600 in Stars it was like life-time starting bankroll. But years later after my officially first busto --- I could hardly remember a few days which my swings below $1k. On day on October I borrowed my friend's Telsa for a free-ride, good experience, if I didn't lost $3k after back home on Stars within 95 minutes.

The negative effects is that when I literally want to do some meaningful things at weekend, I barely have any idea besides drive outside, find a starbuck then play day-long session online poker ----- which you could hardly describe it as a formal "social life".

Feeling tired of this just on yesterday, Zoom 500 session busto my account for the X times, and re-deposit the third time unconsciously, just numb to play, and suddenly upswing like storm to bring a couple of thousands backs, sitting on table like a boss and just barely covered my loss.

A fake hugo boss, sitting here with his full bankroll.

fxxx IT, not the type of life I wish to have.

134#
麻雀飞飞 发表于 2016-7-4 13:08:14 | 只看该作者
全英文....看着有点吃力....
135#
snowsnow 发表于 2016-7-4 15:31:26 | 只看该作者
本帖最后由 snowsnow 于 2016-7-4 15:37 编辑

For my eyes are upon thee, forever and ever.

日常英语可以写成诗

136#
 楼主| 柏木雪狐 发表于 2016-7-7 17:59:47 | 只看该作者
本帖最后由 柏木雪狐 于 2016-7-7 18:02 编辑

I built a good habit at year 2015, whenever I being idle and start think hell for more than 15mins, I start to force myself to find sth to do.

Action first.

By adding up only a couple of days, its been a whole year from my lifetime unprecedented nightmare.

Life seemingly didn’t go bad continuously at year 2016. Got my Cadillac back, Got my job back, didn’t have much tasks besides playing poker with bosses, coincidentally met my old-time friend whohelped me settled property. My kind-hearted uncle stacked me substantially,leaving huge amount of bankroll on my account for offset. Obviously that couldn’tbe treated as my own $, but already good enough to guarantee me tight sleep at night, and a future dream of coming-back.

We reunion for the family lunch basically twice a month, which is undoubtedly the most cherished moment for me and amust-go on the to-do-list. I didn’t even notice my brother care me that muchfor those pasting years. For a long time I thought he’s not as good as me,which barely shamed myself now and willing to do everything paying back for him.

My selfishness had forced me improving mypoker skill that desperate, a long-time driving force as well, but now wecombine together, stake on and play higher.

A millions-scale bet, not on the table, butfor the big shot of running business.

No way turning back, regardless of yourwill.   

137#
 楼主| 柏木雪狐 发表于 2016-7-10 19:32:58 | 只看该作者
打Zoom500技术没什么问题,资金压力也不太大,然而变得现场慢局很没耐心。

6max和HU打太多整个line都over-aggressive, 今天8-max现场胡乱操作,被limp-call passive player埋雷炸三次。

下次现场听道长评书应对。
138#
 楼主| 柏木雪狐 发表于 2016-7-16 20:12:38 | 只看该作者
本帖最后由 柏木雪狐 于 2016-7-17 10:29 编辑
柏木雪狐 发表于 2016-7-10 19:32
打Zoom500技术没什么问题,资金压力也不太大,然而变得现场慢局很没耐心。

6max和HU打太多整个line都over- ...

Live session didn't work out well, lost seven session consuctively and have to take a break.

Seemingly some of my live nemesis already adjust their strategy against my over-aggressive style. And start to limp from all position, just try to control the pot until they hit monster and play sneaky. For several times they start to float my c-bet with air or even OOP, hit two pairs n check-call at draw-heavy board. The LAG style just come up short to those players who have no folding-equity.
A substantial loss for me for around 200k subtotal for recent days and taking a rest at BEJ48 theatre now. Rebalancing.

ALWAYS REMEMBER NANONOKO.
139#
snowsnow 发表于 2016-7-18 21:17:42 | 只看该作者
请问 柏木雪狐. 北京有多少亿万富翁? 请大致谈谈。

老夫多年没去中国, 现在在网上看到:

"北京,亿万富豪人数最多,亿元资产以上有57.2万人(户),10亿元至20亿元有6.1万人(户),20亿元以上有1.1万人(户)。"

1200万人, 计400万户。
每7户一个亿万富翁。
每70户一个10亿富翁。
每400户一个20+亿富翁。

"对于国际机构来说,上述数据更难获得,以致国际机构统计数据与中国内部统计常常差别很大。英国《卫报》报导,最近波士顿咨询公司发表了《全球财富报告》指,中国大陆有200万个家庭财富超过100万美元(换算约人民币660万元)。"

无论如何, 外国的数据根本是低估。
140#
snowsnow 发表于 2016-7-19 16:29:08 | 只看该作者
"北京,亿万富豪人数最多,亿元资产以上有57.2万人(户),10亿元至20亿元有6.1万人(户),20亿元以上有1.1万人(户)。"

1200万人, 计400万户。
每7户一个亿万富翁。
每70户一个10亿富翁。
每400户一个20+亿富翁。

国人吹牛一般吹大10倍到100倍。
比如2战收留2万多犹太人, 有的论坛说成收留几百万
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

手机版|Archiver|智游城论坛

GMT+8, 2024-5-13 14:09 , Processed in 0.044304 second(s), 7 queries , Redis On.