扑克如果只是当作赚钱的手段,那么就会枯燥无味,而且如果做了谋生工具,就会有压力。
如何把扑克作为自己的兴趣,激发自己不停的前进,同时又能给自己生活上带来支持, 这是需要时间来思考的。

引用书中的一句话:
我们必须弄清楚到底什么是我们真正喜欢做的事情,而且足以让世界愿意付出金钱的代价。
52#
 楼主| monox0 发表于 2011-5-3 02:02:08 | 只看该作者
心得 25   弹尽粮绝

我最近身材很不好,或者说最近比较关注这些个,所以顿然发现自己的肚腩很大。
于是我去学一些收腹的操课。  由于上课的老师还有学生都是资深的,所以在他们看来很轻松的几分钟的一个小节,对我来说就是无尽的痛苦。 做得走样动作极其恶心就不提了,关键是腹部是一个很神气的部位,无论怎么坚持,如果到了极限,就算你使出吃奶的劲,也很难在多做一个了。

而且就算休息了三五分钟,你要想再多做一组,不行就是不行。

万能的我竟然由此也联想到了扑克,想到了PLO, 如果有一天你玩得很烂,或者由于你很疲劳,或者由于你运气很差, 你输了不少,你感觉你这么多年来学到现在不可能是这个结果,你会感觉弹尽粮绝。
这种感觉就和锻炼腹部一样。

此时你需要的,可能不是再坚持一手牌,而是, 休息。  

听说腹肌是在破坏了肌肉群以后的休息时间里生长的, 谁说扑克技术不是呢?^^
53#
 楼主| monox0 发表于 2011-8-22 15:06:00 | 只看该作者
Recent update:  after 30K play

so'd like to share with u my understanding so far about PLO after like 30K hands or so in 6max (mainly in micro games)since early this year.
(I play really really few... )

I will suppose most of you have basic fundaments about hold'em and discuss it based on that asumption.
Please let me know if anything unclear and for sure there are lots grey area for me. Hopefully this thread can make it clear a little bit even for me.

PLO is a game between No limit hold'em and limit hold'em.
In No limit, you will have a lot of focus on attacking your oppenents range to get wsc fold equity. While in PLO, it's basically nuts and bluff.
In limit hold'em, you count much on your pot odds and win money from those casual players without much planning and calculation works.
in PLO ,  due to the pot limit, you are forced to give some odds to those huge monster draws , if you are not crushed already on the flop.

About bet sizing
this introduce the insteresting discussion recently regarding the bet sizing. Some for the always pot size bet argument that this can't give enough odds to those chaser. Some like to adopt some 1/2~2/3 pot size bet to mix things up a little bit and also for later streets bet planning.

This is a tough quesion. It's as tough as how the PLO in nature is.
Big betting game such as PLO /NLH is a game that you sell your share when you are in the lead. Any single cents you sold at that point, you are printing money. So no matter it's 1/2 pot or full, both the good and right thing to do. The difficulty lays on the latter dicision that when the "bingo card" hits the board, and what's your plan for that. If you are not comfortable to lose all your stack with a mere AAxx, there seems less reason to push so hard on a 2 8s Js flop with a high SPR.

One point might be true is that always leave your last bullet threatening, shoot it out or not. For itself bring huge threat to your opponents.

About starting hand
this was the question haunted me for quite a long time, but recently I'm much less aware of it when I play. So I guess it's bascially a quantity work. Due to the combination of hands is much larger than in hold'em. You will need plain more hands to get an idea. By reading Jeff's first book will also help you a lot on different hands category.
You will also need to know different hands merits on playing it.
You want to play a big big pot with good AAxx and run downs, for different purposes.
With AA, you don't hit flop that often, you want to make your decision easy.
With RD, you will have some liason with the flop from time to time, so you want to maximize your earning.
Try to throw away a lot of mediocre hands such as Qc5h6c7d* in early position is another advice for the new player.

A lot of KK~TT is just set-miner and by remembering this, will shut down a lot of aggression in your mind the first sight you see it, esp in early position.
And remember, folding AA preflop is not always a mistake in PLO.

If you have time, you can do a lot of calculation with the help of the poker tools and sites so that you get better idea on how the equity lays on different types of flops.
You will start to realize why JJQT ss fold to a tight 3better in low SPR is better than calling.
You will plan to 3bet IP much looser /lighter to those opener ,with a plan to call/fold to a 4 bet.

Again, there are quite larger spread of winning players VPIP in PLO than in NLH, but it depends on you play focus more on the game or on the player.
If it's on the game, you should more focus on the hands selection and start to play tigher.
If the latter, you will have a lot of reading work and tough time, and it will not work as much effiecient in low limits as it is in high limit I believe.

About Position
It's another different part. position in PLO is way much important than it is in Hold'em.
4 cards create all kinds of nuts / nut redraw combination and it's so hard for a board appearance get rid of any of them. So it's rare when you are facing a turn decision while you can see a board that could be called "dry".
That's why postion is so important, you should respect the donk bet as much as you should bomb when you are checked to. Again, this is more than true in micro levels.

About BR management
I think aggressive appoach can make you feel a hero one day and a slumdog the other.
It depends quite much on your gamlbing tendency. I'm not a born gambler, so it's hard to undertake huge swings, even in a overall tiny BR lol. So 100BI for PLO is not that ridiculous even you are a solid player.
As long as you won't go tilt or mentally affected by the swing, that's fine.

54#
 楼主| monox0 发表于 2011-12-6 16:30:06 | 只看该作者
good words:

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
55#
 楼主| monox0 发表于 2011-12-7 14:36:22 | 只看该作者
本帖最后由 monox0 于 2011-12-7 14:40 编辑

转一篇:  
最近我对tilt 又有最新的认识。觉得下面写的就是一坨糟粕,但还是保留下来。

About Tilt Management.

I will keep posting following this thread about some of the basics in PLO.
My focus will still based on the mindset. Because I think that's the most important part all game applied.

Last time I read the thread about the mindset training about the tilting management. This is an old topic though, it can't be digged too deep to deal.

Most of the tilts come from a loss, no matter it's a loss of bankroll ,or a loss of a big chuck from a start winning session, or a loss of patience being outplayed by a fish who just thought crushing you,  or a loss of confidence/self-esteem/ego  getting crushed by some real decent players, or what so ever.

eg. On returning after WSOP, FCF got stuck in LV aeroport due to he chose to queue and buy some food.
This trivial action cause him not only the loss of 200 bucks of his direct flight advantage(loss of time/comfortableness/money) , but later on his several hours waiting and keep waiting and even stuck in Danver due to the weather (loss of time, good mood), quite a chain effect.

This drove him tilted. As it would do to most of us.

Several minutes ago, I'm tilted as well.
The reason is simple.  I wrote a report yesterday with great efforts and time and planned to decorated it a little bit more before send to my boss this morning.
However, all I found just now is that it remains a quite raw version that I drafted even ealier, a lot of content and stuff missing, this remind me of those bastards who broke into my meeting room and asked  if they could use the room for a while , so that by politeness and well-meaning, I chose to go out and find another place. Maybe the connection is cut during that period ( the report is logged on the web).

The fact is so tilting, I belive everybody has similars. You just thought you can never recall back what you've done exactly so far, you treasured it as your creative thoughts. Even you try to make it up, the new one could be flawed.

Samething happened on the table, when you are doing a marginal decision and finanaly choose to shut down your AAxx on a somewhat wet flop due to an unexpected call, only to find a turned Ace drops and a big donk fish lead full.

you think you get a "loss"  whatever it is, in this case the loss comes from the assumption " as if I could call the flop bet ..."

Ok. What's the solution? I think i'm telling you.
Shift concentration.  You can try to focus on your deep breathe, or just try to describe it with a quite narrative and objective tone like what i'm doing. (given before start this post I'm SUPPPPPPER TILTING!!!!!!!!!)

and learn from the lesson. ----- I tried to copy all these content down once a while in ****ing case that my laptop broke all of a sudden.

So same on the table,  

lost a lot flips?     leave table and rest
get outdrawn by a donkey ?    he's lucky though, try another buyin or change table
can't win any showdown?   ok, maybe it's good chance to focus on the NSD winning.

Actually a lot to share .. but gonna get back to work as my tilt symptom relieved.

gl & hf
56#
 楼主| monox0 发表于 2011-12-7 14:37:21 | 只看该作者
再转一篇。
Ok. 3rd post here. Hope it find its audience.

Today's topic lays on where your money comes from in PLO.

PLO is a game of bravery and carefulness. It's a game that you can represent nuts almost whenever you want and you can lose your second nuts in 3 pots in a straight.
All your strategy should be tailored against each of your opponents on the table, not a fixed one. So the first step to be successful in PLO, i think is to stay acute and viligeant.

Before you can understand what the guy is really doing , you need to be that guy ahead of time, which means you should tasted what his playing style really like, and where he gains money and what's the counter strategy. For example, if you have a 50/40/15(I don't use HUD, just a figure-out) sitting on your left, you have two valid counter strategy: you need to play very tight with your open range and play your btn as much as possible to offset. Or you can try to 3bet him OOP a lot of your strong KK and other good rundowns and playing a war of variance. You can raise your AA in a modest way so that you get 3bet a lot of times while you can easily 4betting him against. I'm not telling you all these works well, I'm trying to show you a map that lead to exit when you find the door of a lag. Why doing this is profitable? You can try to play a 50/40/15 style. You will know what kind of hands you are opening. the marginal one maybe like J865ss on CO. So they have a lot of "trash" hands there. don't be scared to 3bet your value KK even QQds a lot of times!

Second key would be the logic. You need to dig deep on villains thinking process, what he's trying to complete , what the bet means, why he's betting so big, this gives you a better idea on what's your anti strategy. A common mistake that I once had is that I always trying to bluff back when i sensed weakness. In micro limites PLO, there are a lot of nits playing ABC poker. Ture, their betting size depends on the strength of their hands, but the question is , will they fold to a raise? how likely? it's not because they are weak, they are bluffing. there still remains a lot of b/c range. Let's say you got a top 2 pair on the flop(eg. A T 3 ss), get a caller, turn complete a flush, the caller bet right into you. you called for the suspect as well as the drawing. river pairs the baby card and this guy bet a 1/3 pot. you know you are beated. what you should do.

Here comes the third points that you really not good at but should. Maths.
No one is born as talented as they practice. In the last example, assume your opponents got a flush, it could be a good flush say nut flush. You will have to win it by raise and get folded. if there's 40 in the pot, you can raise to 60 for maximum, you need 60/(30+60*2)=40% fold equity to break even. In your opponent shoes , he only need 50/(30+60*2)=33% your bluff rate to be correct. You will be forced to count next the combos that your perceived range in order to get an idea how likely you are bluffing. supposing villain doing the logic as well. Of course he won't do that right at that moment, no time, but he do it by his "experience" and "unconsciousness". it also involves your image in his mind that if you are a tricky player or honest one. everything matters. complicated process. but once done, you would have better picture /guideline next time you face similar situation.
Make a note if you shove and get called by the nut flush draw.  don't be crushed mentally, as long as all is planned and expected.

have more to share but have to work with other things.

gl on the table.
57#
 楼主| monox0 发表于 2012-2-1 06:22:06 来自手机 | 只看该作者
本帖最后由 monox0 于 2012-2-1 06:34 编辑

机场闲得慌,随便写点。
一月就玩了一千手牌,工作太忙,小无奈一下。但不算糟,有时候,累了就该停下来,只要,你没有忘记你的目的地。
PLO说不讲运气是骗人的,任何非必然事件都是运气体现,而且主观性强,比如flip能赢,我觉得运气不错,输了运气差,但如果六四开,赢了我一样觉得运气好,我不认为“必须赢”,就算是AA,如果你赢了,是不是也多赢了20%的锅呢,那么为什么不可以理解为“运气好”呢 每个人对待输赢的心态不一样,这样的情绪带入到后面的游戏中,会不会产生一些微妙的变化呢?所谓的输太多失衡和赢太多失衡与此不无关系吧。

有些人在面对一个大决策的时候没有考虑运气的因素,这是很多时候崩盘的重要原因。有时候跟注一个边缘的决策对你造成的伤害并不仅仅来自ev,还有心理,试想你遇到对方最强范围的底牌时的心情,are you ready ?
这绝不是教你怂,而是告诉你去预期(anticipation) :
如果对一切结果你都清楚明了并且愿意为此负责了,那么去勇敢得跟注吧。
人生又何尝不是这样呢?
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

手机版|Archiver|智游城论坛

GMT+8, 2024-4-29 20:25 , Processed in 0.043762 second(s), 8 queries , Redis On.