扫一扫,访问微社区

楼主: pan300at
打印 上一主题 下一主题

Should I fold or call?

[复制链接]
11#
yacaimei 发表于 2010-6-7 03:54:09 | 只看该作者
本帖最后由 yacaimei 于 2010-6-7 03:55 编辑

I would check turn to control the pot. My plan is to call both turn and river if he bets. If he check back on the turn, i'll lead out river hope get called by wrose.

My reason to check on turn is it's either way ahead or way behind situation. He most likely have 3 type of hands:
1)Small pocket pair or wrose Q. Not many PP will call all 3 street, so we probably get one more street value from PP at most. Put it on the river makes it most likely get paid off. The risk we take is give him a free card which is fine cuz he only hits 5% of the time.Same reason for Q, only wrose Q is drawing dead.

2)Float. If he's floating on the flop, then check to induce bluff is much better than other options IMO. Betting here fold out all the wrose hands and called by better. If I play very low buyin tournments, i'll call turn and check fold river, cuz less players float, and less players fire more than 1 bullet. I assume this is mid-high stake tournments so players are more agg, so i would more likely to c/c river in that case.

3)Against a K or other monsters. I don't know if betting to get info is a better way to save chips if ha had K. I would rather call both turn and river than call turn and c/f the river.U save a bit chips but I got see the showdown and u had tough decision on river.

C/R on turn IMO is bad.No better hand would fold and no worse will call. Our hand is too good to turn it into bluff.
The highest buyin i played without someone's stacking is 11R, so that's the lvl i'm thinking at.
12#
windstormm 发表于 2010-6-7 07:57:56 | 只看该作者
本帖最后由 windstormm 于 2010-6-7 08:03 编辑

It is amazing how much one can improve their game over the time. Looking back on my suggestion 8 month ago when i only played holdem for 3 month, they just looked so stupid.  Agree with yacaimei, check call turn, and check/call or check/fold river based on bet size ( i like check call 2 street if he does not go out of line with betting).  Check raise turn is the worse play that one can do at this spot.  The problem of betting turn is that when you get raised you don't really get much information whether he is making a move or value betting. Call raise and plan to fold river seems very exploitable.  There is no reason for me to stop betting even if I just made a move on turn, because it is so obvious that you don't have a K after you call raise and check river.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

手机版|Archiver|智游城论坛

GMT+8, 2024-5-14 14:18 , Processed in 0.039436 second(s), 8 queries , Redis On.